In a tragic incident in Beeston, an 80-year-old man died after colliding with a Nottinghamshire Police van on the A52 Derby Road. The fatal accident occurred shortly after 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 19, 2023.
- Richard Broderick Obituary, Boston MA, Learn More About Richard Broderick Death
- Michael John Zappa Obituary: resident of Wood Dale, Illinois, deceased,Remembering Michael John Zappa
- Destiny Gaber Missing Person, Beloved Native Of Hurst, Texas, Has Sadly Died
- Carin Corcoran Obituary, West Greenwich RI, Exeter-West Greenwich teacher passes away
- Update Andrew Dorsey Motorcycle Accident Linked To Death Cause
The police car, which was transporting a detained suspect, collided with an elderly pedestrian. Despite the immediate attention of paramedics, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
As is standard procedure, Nottinghamshire Police referred the matter to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). Assistant Chief Constable Rob Griffin expressed his deepest condolences to the man’s family and assured that all standard procedures were being followed.
Nottinghamshire Police’s official page shares details about the incident:
Following the incident, the road was closed in both directions to facilitate the investigation. It has been reopened.
Assistant Chief Constable Griffin urged any drivers with dashcam footage or anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward. Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to call 101, quoting incident number 547 of 19 December 2023.
As the community mourns the loss of a fellow citizen, this incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of road safety for all involved. Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased during this difficult time.
More From BRBNEWS: Julie Seed dead, another injured in random knife attack at Plympton Estate Office